Best version of Nisus on Tiger

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Vanceone

Best version of Nisus on Tiger

Post by Vanceone »

So I'm firing up my old Pismo I have lying around, running the last version of tiger, and I'm wondering what's the best version of Nisus Writer to put on it. I've been longing for perhaps a dedicated writing machine, and hey, the Pismo is a great if old laptop.

So checking the version histories, it appears that 2.0.1 is the last PPC version. However, of course that version does not have the "improved" import capabilities of more recent Intel versions of Nisus Writer. That is noted in a footnote. However, Version 2.0 does not have that restriction listed. Is version 2.0 more capable than 2.0.1? Also, I have a copy of 1.4 lying around... is that considered better for PPC (less resource usage, etc?) and if so, how compatible is 1.4 documents with the latest version of Nisus? Will either 2.0.1 or 1.4 open and read current Nisus documents without problems?

Finally, will my license key work in either of these older versions? For that matter, since the Pismo is capable of booting into System 9, how about Nisus Classic--that's a rocking old program. Exactly how could I run that one legally?

Thanks!