Margin/indent/tab Problem in Page View

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Frank Einstein

Margin/indent/tab Problem in Page View

Post by Frank Einstein »

With no action on my part (that I am aware of) my text is concealed while working in Page View; only a narrow vertical slit is visible (the rest is covered by blue). The margin and indent tabs are in the middle of the ruler and cannot be moved. This happens when I am editing an existing 30 page document.

When I switch to Draft View the text is all visible, but some paragraphs have indent errors introduced. (The left indent and the left margin is moved to the middle of the page.) I am able to fix these margin and indent errors by moving the tabs in the ruler, but when I switch back to Page View, the problem is still not fixed.

What could be causing this, and how do I fix it so I can get back to editing?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Frank Einstein

Re: Margin/indent/tab Problem in Page View

Post by Frank Einstein »

I think I have figured this out. In case anyone else has this problem, here is what seems to have fixed it:

In the lower right-hand corner of the document window there is an "Adjust the page zoom" icon. Click on the icon (the magnifying glass) and you can choose any setting. My document was set to 1%. I don't know how that happened (probably an accidental mouse click on my part), but when I set it back to 200%, which is my usual setting, the problem disappeared. So if anyone else runs into this problem and sees a screen like the one in the screen shot below,, I hope this helps you.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 2.51.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 2.51.28 PM.png (79.01 KiB) Viewed 3379 times