Next update scheduled?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Denis

Next update scheduled?

Post by Denis »

Hey there,
I'm wondering if there is an update in the works for Nisus Writer Pro?

It crashes on launch on Mojave at the moment. If you want console/crash logs let me know!

Denis
Vanceone

Re: Next update scheduled?

Post by Vanceone »

Historically Nisus releases an update around the time when Apple releases their operating system to everyone--i.e. out of Beta. However, if Mojave is crashing Nisus, and it's reproducible then they may release a fix earlier.

I'm sure they would love crash logs, though. In case you don't know, If you have a working Nisus install somewhere, you can "send feedback" under the Help menu and attach a crash log.

I do hope that Apple hasn't screwed up Mojave too much. Nisus could be crashing entirely do to an Apple bug and it will be resolved prior to release.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Thanks for the feedback. I sent them various crash logs and other console files.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

We received crash logs from some Nisus Writer users trying the Mojave betas. The bug appears to be an issue with Mojave. It seems to occur any time Nisus Writer loads a document window of any kind, including at launch to reopen prior documents or create a new blank document.

The underlying bug seems to be with Mojave. At least, the crash logs strongly imply it’s a problem with Mojave and not Nisus Writer. Hopefully Apple will fix it in a forthcoming beta. Until then there’s not much we can do, aside from recommending that users stay away from Mojave, sorry.