Incompatibility of NWP and Sugarsync (+other clouds?)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Vingerdien

Incompatibility of NWP and Sugarsync (+other clouds?)

Post by Vingerdien »

My regular workflow involves keeping my active NWP documents in Sugarsync's "magic briefcase," which is essentially a folder that sits on three different computers. Up until 2.07 NWP handled this brilliantly. Every manual save caused the document to sync, and when I opened up a file on another computer even the cursor was in the same place from here I left off.

Unfortunately autosave and versioning in the newest NWP versions do not trigger the sync. This means that any work done on one computer does not show up on the others, even worse sometimes work gets over written.

I had held off on upgrading to the current NWP until there was an option to disable autosave. But since this is feature is now promised in the release notes I did the upgrade, but found that NWP still doesn't work with Sugarsync. (Nor does it work with "Box," another cloud service provided by my university.)

Do I have any options here short of going back to 2.07? I absolutely love NWP. I've written several books on it and have recommended it to countless students. But I fear that this incompatibility will never get sorted out.
Vanceone

Re: Incompatibility of NWP and Sugarsync (+other clouds?)

Post by Vanceone »

Hmm. Interesting. I keep most of my documents on a Dropbox shared folder, and it works flawlessly. Heck, I've had the document open on both the laptop and the desktop in Nisus, and it still works--asking me if I want to reload the document from disk after it's been changed.

Since Nisus documents are RTF, have you tried opening one in textedit and making a change and seeing if that works? Maybe it's a SugarSync thing. Or maybe there's a setting that can be tweaked.

Do manual saves also not sync?
ScottinPollock

Re: Incompatibility of NWP and Sugarsync (+other clouds?)

Post by ScottinPollock »

Vanceone wrote: 2018-07-26 10:12:39have you tried opening one in textedit and making a change and seeing if that works?
Do this on a backup for if you save from TextEdit it will wipe out all of the document's style sheets.