Where did NWP 2.x go now that I've downloaded 3.0?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
waltzmn

Where did NWP 2.x go now that I've downloaded 3.0?

Post by waltzmn »

I just downloaded NWP 3.0, to try it. Key words are TRY IT. Much as I want to buy it, I need to know if it works for me. So, for the time being, I need to be able to run 2.1 as well.

Once I installed 3.0, 2.1 disappeared. No file in the application folder. It's not in the trash. Find command doesn't find it. The alias in my doc launches the 3.0 demo. 2.1 is GONE!

Suggestions? Even after I'm running 3.0, I might need 2.1 for backward compatibility....
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Where did NWP 2.x go now that I've downloaded 3.0?

Post by martin »

Depending on how you downloaded or installed version 3, it may have overwritten version 2. I'm very sorry for the trouble.

It's very natural to want to keep version 2 around as a backup. To download version 2 (or any other prior versions) please see our Nisus Writer Pro version archive.
waltzmn

Re: Where did NWP 2.x go now that I've downloaded 3.0?

Post by waltzmn »

To verify: Installing the old version did work -- once I had renamed the 3.0 demo as Nisus Writer Pro 3.0. (It did NOT work before that.) But users who need a guaranteed version around should probably rename their copies of 2.1 as "Nisus Writer Pro 2.1" or the like BEFORE installing the demo.

Now that I'm safe, I'm looking forward to putting 3.0 through its paces. :-)