By default Nisus Writer will show highlighting (a gray background color) around automatic numbers, eg: page numbers, footnote references, etc.You can change these colors, or hide them completely, in the Appearance preferences:
1. Open your Nisus Writer preferences.
2. Switch to the "Appearance" pane.
3. At the bottom you'll see a table that lists all the customizable colors.
4. Select the category "Automatic Text".
5. Select the specific kind of coloration you want to adjust, eg: "Note References".
6. Choose the color you'd like, or checkmark "hide this highlighting".
1 post • Page 1 of 1