InfoClick: Show in Mail—doesn’t

Talk about InfoClick, our email search tool.
zwick_genetics

Re: InfoClick: Show in Mail—doesn’t

Post by zwick_genetics »

I have noted this similar problem on my computer at work - sent in a feedback today. But I think the problem is intermittent. I thought updating the database fixed this, but I am not certain. InfoClick seems to be working as expected on my home iMac.
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

Thank you to Martin and crew. There is a bug in InfoClick (with Gatekeeper) and they are working on a solution.

Well done. The tradition of help that goes back to the early 1990’s.
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

exegete77 wrote:Thank you to Martin and crew. There is a bug in InfoClick (with Gatekeeper) and they are working on a solution.
Yes indeed, this is a bug in InfoClick. Just to let everyone know what we've recently communicated privately:

We've been investigating this issue and believe we've found the cause. It's basically a bug in InfoClick that manifests on OSX 10.8.1 and 10.8.2 with Gatekeeper/sandboxing enabled; it only affects InfoClick as purchased through the Mac App Store. Direct download versions of InfoClick are not affected, nor is InfoClick affected on OSX 10.7.x or the unreleased OSX 10.8.3.

We're definitely going to fix this for the next product update, but if anyone else runs into this problem please let us know by sending us a feedback report via the menu Help > Send Feedback. We could then give you access to the direct download version of InfoClick, which is not affected by this bug.

Sorry for the trouble!
exegete77

Post by exegete77 »

Have been working with the new download. What a delight to see it working correctly!

Thanks, Martin!
iMac 21.5” / MBP 13” Retina
Mac user since 1990
geniusjones

Post by geniusjones »

I am having this problem too - where is the new download please?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

geniusjones wrote:I am having this problem too - where is the new download please?
We received your feedback from earlier today and replied directly about the download.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

This should be fixed in InfoClick version 1.1 which was just released.