Pointless Article

Things not necessarily Nisus. Chat about the latest Apple release, your adorable three-toed sloth, or whatever else you fancy.
dave
Official Nisus Person

Pointless Article

Post by dave »

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of this article? Did an editor tell this person to just write something about OS X Mavericks just to... well, write something? Why the inflammatory headline (I know the answer to that question, sadly)?

What am I missing here?
Anne Cuneo

Re: Pointless Article

Post by Anne Cuneo »

Well, what about showing off some arcane knowledge (may not so arcane in California, but in England, you know…) to let you appreciate the research skills of a journalist who couldn't say a word about technical details (how boring) but shares his discovery of Maverick-the-Dog, which has the added advantage of bringing him some money? I suppose he had a deadline, was desperate, he had to find something. A situation I have found myself in many times, and I know by experience how silly one can get in that panicked last-minute rush.

I like this forum, by the way. Fun.
Anne
Tacitus

Post by Tacitus »

It's all about page hits……

Anything on that site that can shoehorn in a mention of Apple however tenuous the connection, is guaranteed masses of page hits from the Apple haters.
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I actually found that article relatively interesting, since I'd never heard of Mavericks before OSX 10.9, even though I've been a California coastal dweller my whole life. Even if the article's information wasn't exactly critical, I enjoyed the little tidbits. These days everyone has to find their unique niches and angles to cover.