Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Nisus Thesaurus and Dictionary 

:roll:
While the Nisus Thesaurus is an improvement over that provided with Appleworks, it remains quite limited, Furthermore, many of the words provided are not recognized by the dictionary and vice versa.

2006-09-04 14:44:17

This very problem had bothered me until I by accident discovered the LOOK UP IN DICTIONARY command, available by right clicking on any word (I use a 2-button mouse) or from the services line in the Nisus... menu. This command opens the Apple OSX dictionary program linked to NWP. It is a MUCH bigger and better dictionary and thesaurus... and it was there all along.

BRL...

2008-04-15 07:52:35
Profile WWW

You can also lookup words in Apple Dictionary/Thesaurus and other dictionaries following the same protocol without launching them. In Cocoa apps hover the mouse over a word and Press Command-Control-d to lookup the word. To view any other words in the same document, you can release 'd' while still holding Command-Control and hover the mouse over as many words as you want.

2008-04-17 07:05:24

Hamid wrote:
You can also lookup words in Apple Dictionary/Thesaurus and other dictionaries following the same protocol without launching them. In Cocoa apps hover the mouse over a word and Press Command-Control-d to lookup the word. To view any other words in the same document, you can release 'd' while still holding Command-Control and hover the mouse over as many words as you want.

Thanks Hamid. It is very useful lead.

2010-01-28 23:32:53
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]