Nisus Thesaurus and Dictionary

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
rmwalker

Nisus Thesaurus and Dictionary

Post by rmwalker »

:roll:
While the Nisus Thesaurus is an improvement over that provided with Appleworks, it remains quite limited, Furthermore, many of the words provided are not recognized by the dictionary and vice versa.
brl...

There is an alternative...

Post by brl... »

This very problem had bothered me until I by accident discovered the LOOK UP IN DICTIONARY command, available by right clicking on any word (I use a 2-button mouse) or from the services line in the Nisus... menu. This command opens the Apple OSX dictionary program linked to NWP. It is a MUCH bigger and better dictionary and thesaurus... and it was there all along.

BRL...
Hamid

Lookup words without launching dictionaries

Post by Hamid »

You can also lookup words in Apple Dictionary/Thesaurus and other dictionaries following the same protocol without launching them. In Cocoa apps hover the mouse over a word and Press Command-Control-d to lookup the word. To view any other words in the same document, you can release 'd' while still holding Command-Control and hover the mouse over as many words as you want.
rekk1986

Re: Lookup words without launching dictionaries

Post by rekk1986 »

Hamid wrote:You can also lookup words in Apple Dictionary/Thesaurus and other dictionaries following the same protocol without launching them. In Cocoa apps hover the mouse over a word and Press Command-Control-d to lookup the word. To view any other words in the same document, you can release 'd' while still holding Command-Control and hover the mouse over as many words as you want.
Thanks Hamid. It is very useful lead.