Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
messages to dock 

ever since I don't know exactly when (a new OS update?) most messages I open by double clicking them in a list, go straight to the dock. Anyone else seen this? Anyone any idea why this is happening?

Bart

2004-06-09 07:35:40

I get this in PowerMail as well*. I think from reading on other forums that there might be an issue with OS X that only affects Carbon apps and the only way to stop it is to disable the "minimize when double clicking a window title bar" option in the system preferences. The double-click on the message line is being carried through to the newly opened window.

Maybe changing the position where the message window opens by default will fix it?

Neil

* - sorry Nisus, I really did try and stick with NE but when I started working from home the program's limitations eventually meant that I had to change and no new version looked like being released. In particular I needed to be able to set attachment encoding. :cry:

2004-08-09 00:03:15

Sorry, Neil, for not reacting earlier. It took me a while to return to this topic. You are right about the cause, and changing the position of newly opened docks does solve the problem.

gratefully yours
Bart

2004-09-19 00:42:18

Neil

2004-09-23 12:30:19
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]