Page 1 of 1
Converting Classic Nisus To Express
Posted: 2004-09-24 12:26:42
I have a large number of Classic docs. I would like to have them all in Express. Is it possible to convert them to Expess other than one at a time? When I try to drag into a new text doc the little green plus sign disappears as it crosses over to the Express doc, even with the option dey down.
As of now I must drag Classic doc to text edit, copy, open express, and paste. There must be an easier way.
I am in OS 10.2.8, G4
Posted: 2004-10-05 12:44:26
Frankly, I would suggest only converting them on an as needed basis. I think this is a much safer way to proceed.
To make Nisus Writer Express the default application for opening text documents (or the reverse... to prevent it from opening documents you receive via the Internet that should be [ugh] Microsoft Word documents):
1. Select the document (the type of which) you want to set to Nisus Writer Express (or, [ugh] something else).
2. Choose Get Info from the File menu.
3. In the window that appears, make sure that the “Open with” triangle points down.
4. Choose Nisus Writer Express (or whatever application you want) from the pop-up menu.
5. Click Change All... (to use Nisus Writer Express “to open all documents like this”, or [ugh] that other application). You’ll see an alert asking if you’re sure you want to do this.
6. Think hard and make your choice. (You can always change it back at a later time, though if you’ve modified the file we can’t guarantee what the results will be.)
7. Close the Get Info window. Your file’s icon will look different.