Next release of Nisus Email?

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
jabbott

Next release of Nisus Email?

Post by jabbott »

Anyone know what is planned for the next release of Nisus Email?

I would like to see at least the following:
--customized keyboard shortcuts (or at least keyboard shortcuts for Check Mail and to be able to Delete a message via Cmd-X while the message is being viewed)
--ability to read HTML-formatted emails without having to open a browser--trying to drag attachments onto IE from Nisus Email seems to regularly crash my system (running 9.2.2)
--ability to click and jump to a web page that is listed inside an email--this seems a really basic thing missing from the program

Of course, Nisus Writer's X version has to come first--I know Nisus is a small company with limited resources. Just saw that there wasn't any discussion going on in this section of the forum and thought I would put in my .02 worth. I use Nisus Email a lot more than I thought I would, and really do like a lot of the features.

Thanks,
Jeff
dave
Official Nisus Person

Re: Next release of Nisus Email?

Post by dave »

jabbott wrote:Anyone know what is planned for the next release of Nisus Email?

I would like to see at least the following:
--customized keyboard shortcuts (or at least keyboard shortcuts for Check Mail and to be able to Delete a message via Cmd-X while the message is being viewed)
--ability to read HTML-formatted emails without having to open a browser--trying to drag attachments onto IE from Nisus Email seems to regularly crash my system (running 9.2.2)
--ability to click and jump to a web page that is listed inside an email--this seems a really basic thing missing from the program

Of course, Nisus Writer's X version has to come first--I know Nisus is a small company with limited resources. Just saw that there wasn't any discussion going on in this section of the forum and thought I would put in my .02 worth. I use Nisus Email a lot more than I thought I would, and really do like a lot of the features.

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff,

Thanks for posting! You are correct, we are putting almost all of our resources into Nisus Writer for OS X. However, we do plan on releasing an update to Nisus Email very soon. It will incorporate a couple of bug fixes and a new feature: You will be able to drag a v-card from the address book to the floating post office and it will become a contact.

As for your suggestions, please send those to feedback@nisus.com and I will make sure that those suggestions are seen by the folks who are working on Nisus Email.

Dave
peternh

Post by peternh »

Well more than a year has gone by since we were promised a new version of Nisus Email was on the way.

I love this program very much, and I hate more than any other program I've ever owned, because it is more unreliable than any other I've ever owned, and because, over the years, when I've brought this up, Nisus has either tried to blame my machine, or failed to respond at all. I've been through several machines and incarnations of the OS, and the problems persist. I still use the program, with gritted teeth, because it has some excellent ideas, but the interface design is very poor, the functionality week, and it is so inclined to topple over than I constantly select all text and copy it when I'm in the middle of anything and decide to do something else.

If Nisus would actually issue a stable update I'd be happy to pay for it. I haven't bought any version of the new Nisus Writer, although I used the previous version extensively, because I'm now reluctant to trust anything coming out of Nisus. I'm willing to be won over, but no one seems to want to bother.

Peter N-H
http://members.shaw.ca/pnhpublic/China.html