invisible space at lineend

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Matze

invisible space at lineend

Post by Matze »

Hi Nisus crew!

What makes the space at the end of a line invisible even though "Show Invisibles" is marked in View-menu?

Best, Matze
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I take it you mean at the end of a line within a paragraph rather than at the end of the paragraph itself. Is that right? The behavior doesn't bother me. But then I generally keep invisibles hidden.

--Craig
Matze

Post by Matze »

cchapin wrote:I take it you mean at the end of a line within a paragraph rather than at the end of the paragraph itself. Is that right? The behavior doesn't bother me. But then I generally keep invisibles hidden.

--Craig
Exactly Craig,

I am using the terminology of Nisus Writer's (Classic) Find/Replace (Position) here.

I find it distrubing because I was used to a space at the end of a line in NWC.

Best, Matze
charles

Post by charles »

Matze: If we break a line between two words, the spaces between the words are not actually rendered at all. Therefore our show invisibles will not display those spaces. I understand why this is a problem for you since it does not give you as accurate information as you would like. I will file this for us to look into ways we can show all spaces no matter what in the future.
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.