Strikethrough and underline "bleed" into entire do

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Matthew

Strikethrough and underline "bleed" into entire do

Post by Matthew »

I'm evaluating NWE at present and I've encountered a problem which may be a show-stopper for me. Sometimes – I cannot discover a pattern to this – when I close and later re-open a document the entire document has changed to underlinned text or to strikethrough characters. This occurs when there was some (normally very limited) use of either underlinning or strikethrough in the document. Since I use strikethrough to mark text that I will probably delete this is quite disturbing – I return to a partially edited document to find that I cannot distinguish between the majority of the document and the small portions I had marked for deletion.

So here is the behavior in outline:

- A simple text document with a very small percentage of words or sentences underlinned or strikethrough

- Document saved and closed

- Open the document and find that the entire document has changed to underlinned (or strikethrough) text with no way to "Undo" this unwelcome change and recover the original distinction between normal and underline/strikethrough text

How can I avoid this?