NWE Freezing , Memory (?) Problems

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Natalie

NWE Freezing , Memory (?) Problems

Post by Natalie »

Hello,

I switched from Mellel to NWE a couple of months ago so I do have some experience under my belt with this app. The problem is that I can't seem to get NWE to handle more than a few docs at a time and it will not handle long docs at all despite the claim that it will handle book-length documents. Take today for instance. I had four docs open. One was 52 pages (all text) and the rest were all one-pagers. NWE just stopped responding even though all docs were saved to disk. It would not respond to any of the controls--- scroll bars, selection with cursor, etc. In fact, I even had trouble switching out of the application to open Activity Viewer where all I could see were these huge spikes in memory every time I tried to do somethinig in NWE. I only had a few apps open at the time too.... half my normal contingent of 15 or so.

Any inkling what might be causing such problems? Could I be doing something to cause this? I am assuming this is not normal and I am not having this problem in any other application. Quicksilver running 10.3.8 with 1.2 GB RAM.

Natalie