Text cut off

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
noteon

Text cut off

Post by noteon »

Sorry--I'm sure someone has already posted about this, but I haven't hit on the magical combination of search terms that would bring me to that thread.

My bottom margin is cutting off the bottom half of a line of text.

Courier 12-pt, 2-line spacing, NWE 2.1.1, MacOS 10.2.8.

Preferences files have been deleted. Margins have been altered and returned to original settings in the MARGINS palette. Any tips?

Thanks!
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I don't recall this issue being posted before. I remember posts about disappearing text in 1.x and horizontal hairlines, attributable to the OS.

When you print, does the bottom half of the text appear? I'm wondering if it's a display issue or something broader. Not that I'll have any brilliant ideas for fixing it either way, but I thought knowing the answer might help the diagnosis along.

I have not noticed this problem myself. I'm using NWE 2.1.1 under Panther (10.3.8).

--Craig
hatchmo

Re: Text cut off

Post by hatchmo »

noteon wrote:My bottom margin is cutting off the bottom half of a line of text.

Courier 12-pt, 2-line spacing, NWE 2.1.1, MacOS 10.2.8.
That's an issue that's appeared in NWX 2.1. I haven't nailed down exactly the conditions, but it happens for me with any text 10-pt and smaller.
Sometimes, it resolves itself if you select the lines having the problem, open the Tools pallet, and change the Spacing: After. Change it to anything and from anything -- it doesn't matter. When you return it (to 2-pt, in my case), Nisus Writer somehow clears out the artifact.
I know, you shouldn't have to do that at all, but it's a workaround.
Al Hatch
noteon

Re: Text cut off

Post by noteon »

hatchmo wrote:Sometimes, it resolves itself if you select the lines having the problem, open the Tools pallet, and change the Spacing: After. Change it to anything and from anything
Thanks. I tried changing all kinds of things in the sidebar, but not in the Tools palette. I'll give that a shot next time.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

Do any of your documents where you are experiencing this problem have footnotes?

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
noteon

Post by noteon »

charles wrote:Do any of your documents where you are experiencing this problem have footnotes?
No. I've never used footnotes.