Word attachments open in Nisus

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Larry Witzleben

Word attachments open in Nisus

Post by Larry Witzleben »

Recently, attachments sent to me (via Eudora) as Word files are being automatically converted to Nisus .doc files, so when I click the files they open in Nisus instead of Word. I prefer to work in Nisus myself, but I am editing and returning many documents, and if they are sent to me in word I would prefer to keep them that way. Of course I can convert them, but it is a nuisance to do this every time and keep multiple copies of all versions of a file. Any bright ideas out there?
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

1. Locate the document in the Finder. (This might work within Eudora, too, but I'm not sure.)

2. Control-click on the document icon. A contextual/shortcut menu will appear.

3. Hold down the option key.

4. Move your pointer to the "Always Open With" option. A submenu will appear.

5. Option-click on "Microsoft Word."

This sets Microsoft Word as the default application for that document type. You can still open individual files in Nisus Writer Express by control-clicking the icon and selecting "Open With" > "Nisus Writer Express" (without the option key).

--Craig
Larry Witzleben

that works!

Post by Larry Witzleben »

Thanks, when I followed your instructions, I solved the problem. I wish that the Apple help application could have been half as helpful!