Page Numbers...Most Likely A Dumb Question

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
midwinter

Page Numbers...Most Likely A Dumb Question

Post by midwinter »

Hi all.

Can someone please explain to me how to put a page number in? I click in the header. I select right alignment. I click insert>automatic number>page number. The page number appears.

But only on the first page. How do I make it appear on all pages?

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but it's driving me nuts.

Cheers
charles

Post by charles »

Hi midwinter:

It sounds like you did the right thing to make your page number appear on all pages. One thing you might check is to make sure that the same header and footer is actually set to appear on every page. Here is how you find out:

1. Choose the "Sections" palette group and look for the "Sections" palette. Make sure the checkbox labeled "Different First Page" is NOT CHECKED.

2. Choose "Page Setup" from the "File" menu. In the sheet the opens, choose "Nisus Writer Express" from the top pop-up menu. This will show several choices below. Make sure the choice is set to show the same header and footer on all pages.

Please let me know if this helps to address your problem.

Cheers,
-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Charles,

Well, that got it to appear on every page, but the alignment on every other page is wrong (left justified instead of right) and any additional text I put in there before the number only shows up on every other page.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

2.5a5 seems to have fixed the issue, although it does persist if I import a Word document.