Slick Header Tricks

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
drjdg

Slick Header Tricks

Post by drjdg »

Esteemed fellow Nisoids,

I've recent managed to convert a colleague of mine to NWE after watching him suffer through Word for several years. Of course, now the burden is on me to answer myriad questions regarding things that I don't personally do in my own writing, so I wanted to ask y'all for any tips on the following:

a. how to do I make the header begin on page 2 (i.e. no header on page 1)? Same goes for pages numbers.

b. Is it possible to have the header text (i.e. document name and page #) right justified on odd-numbered pages and left justified on even-numbered pages (or vice versa)?

It struck me that I could make an "odd header" and "even header" style and apply them manually, but that seemed a bit messy.....

Any insights greatly appreciated,
DrJDG
shades

Post by shades »

Howdy. Good PR on your part.

For different first page header, go to the palette and select Section, and you will see about the 6th item is "Different First Page header".

For even-odd page headers, go to Page Setup, In the drodown choose "Nisus Writer", and select the second otpion: "Reflect margins, different header and footer."
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08