Will Express ever match Classic?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.

Is Nisus Writer Express as good as Nisus Writer Classic 6.5?

Yes
16%
No
63%
Never used Nisus Writer Classic 6.5
21%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 19

DavidSteward

Will Express ever match Classic?

Post by DavidSteward »

Will the features in Nisus Writer Express ever match those in the Classic 6.5 version?

The main reason for my reluctance to change from OS9 to Mac OSX was that I would lose the program that I used the most, Nisus Writer. When Nisus Writer Express came along I bought it and migrated to OSX.

But after several versions I am still waiting for many of the features I left behind in 6.5. Will we ever get the date facilities; the easy insertion and manipulation of pictures and the drawing tools that we used to have? I am sure if I went back to OS9 and Classic I would find even more features that I used to take for granted.

MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

Even if NWC was superior in many ways regarding to NWE, do not forget that NWC and MacOS pre-X is history (at least for me).

This summer I bought a new hard drive to my PowerBook and installed Tiger and decided to not install Classic at all. For me Classic is gone, history, no more, finito…

NWE has to grow in features or it will vanish away. My hope is that it will implement new features faster than before and hopefully be stable in the performance at the same time. 8)
Peter Edwardsson

martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I just wanted to point out that you are asking two different questions at the same time. In the post itself you ask "Will the features in Nisus Writer Express ever match ...", but the poll asks "Is Nisus Writer Express as good as ...". You should probably make it clear which exactly you want answered.

DavidSteward

Post by DavidSteward »

I know the two questions are different, but perhaps they are related. I wanted to know if we will ever get the features I mentioned that I miss from NWC. In a similar way to many of those views expressed in the tread about Wanted Features for NWE 3, many of which are asking for features from NWC. At the same I wondered how many users prefer NWC to NWE, perhaps like me they miss some of the features from the older version.

shades

Post by shades »

martin wrote:I just wanted to point out that you are asking two different questions at the same time. In the post itself you ask "Will the features in Nisus Writer Express ever match ...", but the poll asks "Is Nisus Writer Express as good as ...". You should probably make it clear which exactly you want answered.
Thanks, Martin. I was going to point out the discrepancy myself. Glad you did. :)
MBP 2.4 GHz, OS X 10.5.6
NWP 1.2, Mellel 2.6, iWork 08