can't launch Express demo in 10.4.2

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
woodson

can't launch Express demo in 10.4.2

Post by woodson »

I used Classic for many years back in the States and just got the demo for Express to use on my mini. But it won't get going - runs through various dialogs and then quits. Maybe it'll show me the license agreement, the demo has expired box, or the 30-day demo one, but it quits before it gets going. Got to use it 1 time out of 10 tries so far.

Trashing the prefs file (maybe) helped me once but not other times. Permissions repaired, latest updates, internet connection up and printers ok. Other apps stable and same demo download seems ok on my laptop running Panther (I just launched it a few minutes ago but it didn't show the same startup issues). Also ran the word list macro that froze on the mini and Tiger on a similar-sized file with no problem. As per license agreement will not run the app on both machines at the same time. Couldn't now even if I wanted to!

I live overseas now and want to continue my writing on a more serious basis. Also I have done some work in PERL and could apply that experience to working with Nisus macros I expect.

Help?

Thanks,
Woodson
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

For anyone who's reading this and wondering if it ever got resolved, you can read the resolution here
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.