Bookends Macro

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
shurkin

Bookends Macro

Post by shurkin »

I can't get the Macro for Bookends to work. I click, nothing happens. The macros are in the right file in Library. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Any help?

j
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Are you using Express version 2.6? There were some macro problems in prior versions. Also, have you tried the macro when Bookends is running?
shurkin

Bookends Macro

Post by shurkin »

I am indeed using 2.6 and have tried it with Bookends (also the latest version) open.

j
ndcahill

Bookends Macro

Post by ndcahill »

You might open the macros in Script Editor. My macros look like:

tell application "Nisus Writer Express"
Do Menu Macro with macro "Edit:Select All"
Do Menu Macro with macro "Edit:Copy:Copy"
end tell

tell application "Bookends X 7.7.4"
activate
ScanNWE
end tell

But I'm using Bookends 9, so the second "tell" fails. I can't remember where I downloaded them - it must have been some time ago. I imagine that changing the name of the application would fix it, but haven't tried, I'm afraid.
botanymann

Re: Bookends Macro

Post by botanymann »

ndcahill wrote:You might open the macros in Script Editor. My macros look like:

tell application "Nisus Writer Express"
Do Menu Macro with macro "Edit:Select All"
Do Menu Macro with macro "Edit:Copy:Copy"
end tell

tell application "Bookends X 7.7.4"
activate
ScanNWE
end tell

But I'm using Bookends 9, so the second "tell" fails. I can't remember where I downloaded them - it must have been some time ago. I imagine that changing the name of the application would fix it, but haven't tried, I'm afraid.
I am using NWE 2.6.1 and I had to modify this script to work with the French version of NWE.

However, I still get error messages after Bookends has done its text manipulations. The first error tells that the command "File"New" is unknown. After this, it's "Edit:Paste:Paste". I would easily localize the appropriate script but I don't know which one to change!

Any help?

Thanks,