problems with opening file in Word

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
TimL

problems with opening file in Word

Post by TimL »

I've got a simple document with 3 footnotes. When I opened it in word, one of my footnotes is invisible. It appears if I save as a pdf, although the footnote is placed on the wrong page.

Are these normal issues in opening rtf's in Word?
TimL

Post by TimL »

Here's another one: I just opened a Word doc that was sent to me, it opens fine as 13 pages in Word, but is 6 pages when opened in Nisus, with every other page blank. Saving it as RTF in Word first actually made it worse, then it was completely blank. (I'm using Word X)

No other problems on my computer that I'm aware of. Is compatibility with Word really this bad? Maybe it's just me, but I'll stop bothering you now, I'm afraid I can't possibly rely on this app.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Tim: I don't want to speak for Martin, et al, but I'd suggest sending in the Word file to them via the bug report mechanism. The more documents they have, the better they can fine-tune the import mechanism, I suppose.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Yes, please send us any documents that don't open properly. Best way to send them is via the feedback mechanism, or email me at expressfeedback@nisus.com.