Batch removal of hyperlinks

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
mrennie

Batch removal of hyperlinks

Post by mrennie »

Hi,
I frequently copy articles from Safari into Nisus Writer Express, and while I generally use the "Paste text only" option, I occasionally just paste the entire text with formatting to preserve headings etc., to which I then apply my own styles. Doing this also preserves all the hyperlinks, and I generally have no use for those in my document. Is there a way to batch-remove these hyperlinks, and if yes, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

---
Mac OS X 10.4.5
Nisus Writer Express 2.6.1
Spiros

Removing Links

Post by Spiros »

The best answer is here:

http://www.devon-technologies.com/files/WordService.tgz

It's an awesome free app from Devon and no writer/researcher should be without this.

After installing, simply select the text you want and then from your Services Menu, select "remove links".

Oh, and it's FAST. I've removed links from huge (5MB) text files and it never takes more than a three or four seconds.

BTW, it also has a bunch of other options for mass manipulation of text. This app has saved me more time than any other.

Your other (cumbersome) option is to paste the text into BBEdit, do manipulating there and then paste the text back into NWE. Personally, I'd go for WordService.

Spiros
mrennie

Re: Removing Links

Post by mrennie »

Hi Spiros,
thanks for your reply. The bitter irony is, of course, that I've been using WordService for almost a year now, and I never seem to have noticed the "remove links" service. Oops.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer; it's definitely the answer to my problem.

mrennie