text-2-Italian speech

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Amelia

text-2-Italian speech

Post by Amelia » 2006-03-06 15:00:01

Years ago.… well in System 9.2.2 and before, Nisus Writer offered the ability to have text read out loud in a few different languages. Not only in languages but with their accents as well. VERY helpful indeed!
I have been fiddling around with a file in NWE to see if I can do that now, but I don’t see how to. I do see where I can change the language but doing the same steps as before, does not produce the same out come now. And I searched help with no luck. And looked here as well, nada. So I thought I would just ask here, before I really start messing around with something that isn’t even in NWE anymore.

I am hoping that it is, and it’s just hidden from me at the moment. It was one of the many main reasons I purchased NW way back when.
If it is not in there now, would love to see it come back!! Computer voices have gotten so much better these days, would be most fun, and help me to communicate better with my colleagues and friends in Italy.

Thanks for any input given!

Amelia
:roll: