martin wrote:swilcox, and any others that have this problem:
1. Does the Styles palette properly show you the styles that are in the document. eg: are all the styles listed?
2. Does the Styles palette show that a style is applied to your text. Eg: in a new document, is the "Normal" style highlighted?
I'd like to see if this is a problem with your preferences file:
1. Quit Express if it is running.
2. Find your preferences file in your home directory at ~/Library/Preferences/com.nisus.NisusWriter.plist
3. Please send a copy of the file to email@example.com.
4. Delete the file (or move it somewhere else, in case you want to restore it later).
5. Launch Express.
Sorry I haven't logged in lately. Answers:
1. It does appear that all styles are listed.
2. The style is highlighted.
I'll send a copy of my prefs file.
A couple other notes:
1. While clicking on a style in the palette doesn't apply it, DOUBLE CLICKING does switch to style definition view.
2. Shortcuts for applying a style do still work of course.