how to add cells to tables??????

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
thetreelady

how to add cells to tables??????

Post by thetreelady »

I have a document with a table and can't add more cells. Under the table pallette I have "Horizontal, vertical, and padding" sections, but I can't get the "Rows and columns" box to appear as it shows in the help section. How do I get this option to appear?

Note the rows and columns does appear when I try to add a new table, but not to increase the numbers in a existing document.

Thanks
midwinter

Re: how to add cells to tables??????

Post by midwinter »

thetreelady wrote:I have a document with a table and can't add more cells. Under the table pallette I have "Horizontal, vertical, and padding" sections, but I can't get the "Rows and columns" box to appear as it shows in the help section. How do I get this option to appear?

Note the rows and columns does appear when I try to add a new table, but not to increase the numbers in a existing document.

Thanks
It works from the table menu. But I've just noticed that you can't do nested tables.
joao

Post by joao »

Make sure that you have the "Table" palette added to your Table tool drawer.

The first row of icons in that palette allows you add and delete both table rows and columns.

You can also add cells by splitting existing cells, which you can do from the Table menu.

I do this frequently, and find that NWE has the best table functions of any word processor with which I have worked.