Tabs again

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
gary

Post by gary »

I'm having a different problem with tabs.

From my imported word documents. With lines separated with a soft return, the first line is indented. I've noticed it with centered and left aligned text.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

gary,

It seems like you have a "hanging indent" there. I can't tell without seeing the file or at least a screen shot of the ruler. Can you send them to support@nisus.com with attention Mark at the top?
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
gary

Post by gary »

rmark wrote:gary,

It seems like you have a "hanging indent" there. I can't tell without seeing the file or at least a screen shot of the ruler. Can you send them to support@nisus.com with attention Mark at the top?
Hi Mark, I'd be happy to send a file. My recent use of Word and Nisus has been to read long document books that I've downloaded. I've reformatted the headings and all the styles.

The times when the hanging indent show up are for styles that are centered or have a non-zero left margin. Those are the only cases where I've used soft-returns. The hanging indent might show up in other places but I haven't seen it.

Gary