page number displayed does not include total of all sections

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Candace

page number displayed does not include total of all sections

Post by Candace »

I'm new to NWX, though a long time Nisus user, and I've looked everywhere for the answer to this, so forgive me if I've missed something obvious. I have a doc with a non-numbered title page, then a table of contents. I've figured out how to number the table with roman numerals and start the body of the doc with arabic no. 1, but when I look to the left of the status bar, the page display says, for instance, page 7 of 40, when it is on page 7 of the text part of the document. In other words, it's ignoring the title page and tables.
So when I go to print, I have to manually add in the pre-text pages to my page count to get the actual page number? This can't be! Can it? In Nisus Classic, two page numbers showed - one corresponding to the page number being printed, and the other corresponding to the actual number of the page.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I earlier requested a way to print a specified logical page. Martin proposed something like what you want is on the to-do list. Obviously it hasn't been implemented for the current version, but it might be on the to-do list. I'm sorry this doesn't help you in the immediate. Shall we repeat the request?

--Craig
Candace

Post by Candace »

Yes, please. Does this count as repeating the request, or do I (we) need to post it in another topic?

Thanks for your reply.

Much as I adore Nisus, I have to say that this transition to NWE is like going for a hike and finding out that someone has cut off a number of your toes. I will probably be able to get where I need to go ultimately, but it's taking a lot more time, it's not as much fun, and I'm leaving bloody footprints......
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Candace wrote:Yes, please. Does this count as repeating the request, or do I (we) need to post it in another topic?
I think Martin and the rest will see it here. If you want to make doubly sure, click the Help menu in Nisus Writer Express and then Send Feedback.

--Craig