Movable Images

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Kiwi Misfit

Movable Images

Post by Kiwi Misfit »

Can anybody tell me how to move (drag/drop) images in 2.7?

I am new to NWE and as yet can find no way to drag and drop inline images. Cut and paste is tedious but I am sure the guys at Nisus wouldn't have missed this one. I have reinstalled three times. It doesn't work on the PowerBook either.

Any help would be appreciated.
dshan

Post by dshan »

At first I thought this only worked for text in a NWX document and for images dragged in from the Finder but now that I check the User Guide it seems to indicate that this should work for graphics too... Under drag and drop it says:

"With Nisus Writer Express you can drag any selection and drop it somewhere else in any Drag and Drop compatible application.
1 Select the characters (either text or graphics, either contiguous or noncontiguous blocks) which you want to move.
You can use Drag and Drop to move selections into another Nisus Writer Express document (or text editable window (the Clipboard or the Find & Replace window)), to the desktop as clippings or into other Drag and Drop compatible applications.
2 Move the mouse over the selected text.
3 Click and drag the text to where you want it.
4 Release the mouse button."

Dragging and dropping selected text from one place to another in the same document works fine, but not graphics apparently.

Sounds like it's either a bug or a misprint in the manual.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It does indeed look like there is a bug here. Thanks for letting us know, we'll see if we can have it corrected for our next version. In the meantime you've have to stick with the copy-paste tedium, sorry.
Kiwi Misfit

Post by Kiwi Misfit »

Thanks dshan,

I thought I was losing my touch for a while. It's not a big deal but sometimes it is nice to pop in a graphic or two to illustrate a point.

And Martin; I shall look forward to the update.

Meanwhile, I have some cut and pasting to do.

Cheers