Can you create a text box?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
mibtp

Can you create a text box?

Post by mibtp »

Anyone know how to create a text box? I have letterhead with names running down the right side of the page. Want to be able to put a text box to the left and write a letter on the page without disturbing the letterhead. Was able to do with Word Perfect.

How do I do that with this? Tried to create a TABLE, but that did not work. Kept pushing my list of names off the page.

Any advice?

Thanks.
Patrice
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

At the moment, there's no way to create a text box in NWE.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

As Midwinter wrote, there isn't currently a way to create a text box. You might be able to get the results you want through a very inelegant workaround.

You could create two columns on the first page, using the Columns palette in the Sections palette group. Then create a new section with only one column beginning on the next page.

Alternatively you could create a two-column, two-row table and the list of names in the upper left cell. If the list of names stretches all the way to the bottom of the page, then use a single-row table.

In either case, you will need to create different margins or indents for the second and subsequent pages. The most inelegant part is the transition from the first page to the second.

While it isn't at the very top of my wish list, I do hope Nisus will add a graphics layer to make such text boxes possible.

--Craig
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

You could create two columns on the first page, using the Columns palette in the Sections palette group. Then create a new section with only one column beginning on the next page
That's exactly what I did for my letterhead, while I wait for a graphic layer... It's very simple, actually.
Anne