language changes and footnotes

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
bongomez

language changes and footnotes

Post by bongomez »

Hi there, this may seem a little obvious but i'm currently testing out the demo and for some reason the language settings constantly revert back to US English. I have set it to British in my preferences and often write in Spanish, but for some reason it just reverts back. Spelling check in Spanish doesn't seem to work either. What can I do about all this?

Also, I just read below about other trouble with footnotes. I'm currently starting my PhD and I really want a reliable wp that will last me through it. I will be using footnotes on basically every page I write, and I'd like to know if anyone thinks this is likely to be a big problem.

Many thanks to you all.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: language changes and footnotes

Post by martin »

bongomez wrote:I have set it to British in my preferences and often write in Spanish, but for some reason it just reverts back. Spelling check in Spanish doesn't seem to work either. What can I do about all this?
In Nisus Writer Express language is an attribute of the text that can differ from one part of your document to another. This works the same as other attributes of your text (eg: font, text color, etc) and you should mark the text with the appropriate language. Once you've done so the proper spellchecker and such should be used automatically.

Let us know if you have any troubles getting things to work.