New Window: Save Window position and Size

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
bgarlock

New Window: Save Window position and Size

Post by bgarlock »

How do I get Writer Express to save the Window size (and possibly the location) when I choose to start a new document. On my MBP-C2D, it always opens a window which would be nice in VGA (640x480) mode, but I always need to resize it for my 1440x900 resolution. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to save the new window size.

On another note:
I really like apps that make use of the drawer - am I alone in this? I don't like those palettes that are always in the way, or are not as easy to hide as a drawer. It seems like a lot of apps are moving away from the use of drawers, and I wish we could choose to have either a drawer or palette. Did Apple make some interface guideline change about the use of drawers?

Thank you,

Bruce
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: New Window: Save Window position and Size

Post by martin »

bgarlock wrote:How do I get Writer Express to save the Window size (and possibly the location) when I choose to start a new document. On my MBP-C2D, it always opens a window which would be nice in VGA (640x480) mode, but I always need to resize it for my 1440x900 resolution. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to save the new window size.
You can customize all these properties (and more) by visiting the New Document preferences.

1. Launch Nisus Writer Express.
2. Visit the application preferences.
3. Switch to the New Document pane.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. Click the Edit File button.
6. Configure the file that just opened however you like.
7. Save the file.

From now on new documents should open just as you configured in step 6.
I really like apps that make use of the drawer - am I alone in this? I don't like those palettes that are always in the way, or are not as easy to hide as a drawer.
I'm not sure I understand. In NWX you can have your palettes either float free or sit in the drawer.
bgarlock

Post by bgarlock »

You answered both of my questions.. Thanks very much. This is probably one of the best UI designs I have seen in an app yet. So much customizability, and intuitiveness.

Best Regards,

Bruce