nisus crashes with Services

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
alkan

nisus crashes with Services

Post by alkan »

Nisus repeatedly crashes when I attempt to use Services within it. Although there are in-built macros that go some of the way towards providing Services-like functionality, there are many things that can only be done by invoking the Services themselves. I can't seem to use any of the Services that work on the text within Nisus without it crashing. Services that don't alter the text inside Nisus seem to work more often.

Some other issues: saving seems to be somewhat unreliable. When I change the colour of the text, for example, sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't. It repeatedly presents the save dialogue, and I have to change the colour back to really get it to save. Autosave seems to suffer in the same way, or else from other problems.
Q

Me too!

Post by Q »

I purchased it today, and it still crash when I use services.

Why don't you fix it as soon as I can stand it? I'm your customer. :lol:
charles

Re: nisus crashes with Services

Post by charles »

alkan wrote:Nisus repeatedly crashes when I attempt to use Services within it. Although there are in-built macros that go some of the way towards providing Services-like functionality, there are many things that can only be done by invoking the Services themselves. I can't seem to use any of the Services that work on the text within Nisus without it crashing. Services that don't alter the text inside Nisus seem to work more often.

Some other issues: saving seems to be somewhat unreliable. When I change the colour of the text, for example, sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't. It repeatedly presents the save dialogue, and I have to change the colour back to really get it to save. Autosave seems to suffer in the same way, or else from other problems.
Can you tell us specifically which services you are try to use? Also, what file format are you saving in that gives you this dialog?

-Charles
maurerc

Post by maurerc »

Devon Technologies' word services crash NWX for me. Also, the Cocoa service TextLightning doesn't work in NWX.
Q

Post by Q »

I used Equation Service (1.0). http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/EquationService/

Since there is no equation editor from Nisus, I had to use another one.

I hope I can use it soon.
maurerc

Post by maurerc »

Still not fixed in 1.03d.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

Problems with services should be fixed in 1.1. (We are in the very final stages of beta testing 1.1, so it should be out any time now.) It works with all the services we have tested it against. Please let us know if you have any problems with the new release when it comes out, since we want to fix this issue for you! 1.1 will be a free update.

Cheers,
-Charles
[/code]