Page number font

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
michaeldennis

Page number font

Post by michaeldennis »

I want to alter the page numbering font. I seem to alter it successfully, I save the document, at which point it's still as I chose. However, once I quit Nisus and re-open the document, it reverts to Arial.

What should I be doing?
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

I'm not sure why the page number does not retain the font (which, I guess, is applied manually); however, I would try to change it permanently by modifying the style on which it is based. To do that, go to the Style Sheet View, then select "Footer" from the list. Now change the font, and if you switch back to the document view, you should see the page number in the newly selected font.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

In a quick test I didn't have any trouble with automatic page numbers retaining a manually applied font. What version of Express are you using? Can you submit a sample document that shows the problem?
gemboy27

Post by gemboy27 »

where are you putting your page number

I had trouble when I would put it in the footer, until I realized I needed to change the font in the footer in my default file as well as the font in the body of my default file
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)