Trying to print single pages from a document

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
warewolf

Trying to print single pages from a document

Post by warewolf »

Good morning!

When I print out a document consisting of, say, 10 pages on either my old Bother laser printer or Canon 1500, all goes well. But when I want to print only one or a few pages of that document, enter the page numbers in the print command and click print, a Nisus box pops up to tell me I haven't selected any pages.

Is this a bug or did I miss something when I read the Nusus Express Help pages relating to printing?
:?
Joyce Ware
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hi Joyce- I'm not sure what to make of your report. The print dialog options to print single pages are straightforward, so I doubt you're missing anything. All the same it might be good to double check you filled out all the text boxes in the "Copies & Pages" option area.

Are you having trouble printing single pages from other applications? Excluding the "Nisus Writer Pro" options area, the Print dialog is controlled by the system. Can you try saving the document as a PDF, opening that in Preview, and then printing out a single page?
warewolf

Post by warewolf »

Hello, Martin,

Thank you for your reply to the post I left yesterday. To answer your questions:

I do not have a problem printing single pages of a document composed with AppleWorks

I tried saving the NISUS document as a PDF, and then was able to print out single and multiple pages, even though I could not use Preview--I was told by Adobe Reader that Preview was not supported.

So yes, your solution works, but it is rather cumbersome. Oh well, I enjoy other NISUS features, and after all, nothing's perfect, right?

Again, thanks
Joyce Ware
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

After you receive the error message, but while both the error dialog and the Print panel are still showing, could you take a screenshot? You do so by pressing Command + Shift + 3. The screenshot should be saved to your desktop to a file called "Picture 1.png". Then please send us that file using the menu Help > Send Feedback. All this might help us understand if there's something we can do for you, thanks.