Page Number Position

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Noguchi

Page Number Position

Post by Noguchi »

I have been writing my Ph.D. dissertation with the page number at the center of the page bottom. However, I have recently earned that the page number should be in the rightmost position of the page top. May I ask you how to first delete the page number at the center of the page bottom and then add the page number in the rightmost position of the page top?
xiamenese

Re: Page Number Position

Post by xiamenese »

Noguchi wrote:I have been writing my Ph.D. dissertation with the page number at the center of the page bottom. However, I have recently earned that the page number should be in the rightmost position of the page top. May I ask you how to first delete the page number at the center of the page bottom and then add the page number in the rightmost position of the page top?
The page number at the bottom is in the footer, so you can simply click in the footer area and delete the symbol you find there.
To put it in the top right corner, click in the header are -- you need to be in page view to do all this, by the way, in the paragraph palette, click on the right-aligned button, from the "Insert" menu choose "Automatic numbers : Page number" and it will place the page number symbol in the top right corner of the header area.
Headers and footers are simply paragraphs within special text areas ... they can be formatted however you want.

HTH

Mark