convert footnotes to endnotes

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
disfasia

convert footnotes to endnotes

Post by disfasia »

Can I convert footnotes to endnotes? If so how? If not, Nisus can you make this a capacity in the future (and vice versa). For those of us who publish, one editor wants it one way and another the other--it is a lot of work to do manually.

Cheers.
Hamid

footnotes<->endnotes

Post by Hamid »

You can convert any or all footnotes to endnotes and vice versa.
To convert all footnotes to endnotes:
1. select all footnotes.
In the Statusbar at the right bottom of the document window you will see a green tag.
2. click the tag and from the pop-up menu apply 'Endnote'. This will convert all selected footnotes to endnotes.
disfasia

Post by disfasia »

Thanks so so much!

Cheers.
Derick

Re: convert footnotes to endnotes

Post by Derick »

Could this be changed to a more intuitive UI in the future? I have been using NWP for seven years and still need to Google this forum post every time I need to convert an endnote to footnote or vice versa. I think most users expect a status bar to be displaying information, not enabling actions, and certainly do not expect it to be the only place that one can change the structure of part of a document.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

You can also convert any or all footnotes to endnotes and vice versa.
To convert all footnotes to endnotes:
1. select all footnotes (place the cursor anywhere inside a footnote and press Command-a twice).
2. Apply Format:Note Style:Endnote from the menu.
This will convert all selected footnotes to endnotes.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Aside from Hamid's suggestion of using the main menu to convert footnotes to endnotes (or vice versa), you can also use the contextual menu. If you right-click on any footnote(s) the popup menu will have a command "Convert to Endnote", and vice versa for endnotes.

If there's someway we can make this feature more discoverable and obvious, we'd be happy to hear any suggestions.
Jester

Post by Jester »

This was great help, thanks! Pretty intuitive and easy to use :) .