Margin on All Four Sides

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Noguchi

Margin on All Four Sides

Post by Noguchi »

I’m supposed to use a minimum of 1-inch margin on all four sides.
(1) I’ve succeeded in creating a 1.2-inch margin, instead of a 1-inch margin for just in case, each on left and right. May I ask you how to do it for both top and bottom? The page number - which is supposed to be in the upper right-hand corner 1.2 inch from the top and side of the paper - is typed in the header.
(2) I’m not sure whether or not it’s a consequence of the above but a line closest to the bottom seems to be hidden behind the footer instead of appearing on the next page. May I ask you how to correct it?
Thank you in advance!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Margin on All Four Sides

Post by martin »

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean about the hidden line, but you can always adjust the margins using the Margins palette. You control how far the outermost part of the header/footer area is inset using the field marked "Header" or "Footer". The innermost part of the header/footer (eg: the actual main body content area) is controlled using the field marked "Top" or "Bottom".

You could also simply drag the page guides to create whatever margins look right.