Changing Margins and Showing Invisibles

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Noguchi

Changing Margins and Showing Invisibles

Post by Noguchi »

I want the bottom of the footer, which I use for footnotes, to have a 1.2-inch margin.
In order to do so, do I change "Bottom" or "Footer" in the Tooldrawer? May I ask you
what they mean, respectively?

I have difficulties in showing invisibles (tabs, newlines, page breaks, etc.). I know
that I should go to Appearance of Preferences under the Nisus Writer Express
pulldown menu. However, it's only for a new document!!! May I ask you how to do it
for an already existing document, please?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Changing Margins and Showing Invisibles

Post by martin »

Noguchi wrote:I want the bottom of the footer, which I use for footnotes, to have a 1.2-inch margin. In order to do so, do I change "Bottom" or "Footer" in the Tooldrawer? May I ask you what they mean, respectively?
The "footer" margin setting refers to the amount of space between the edge of the page and the bottom of the footer area, while the "bottom" margin is the space between the edge of the page and the bottom of the main document content area. Footnotes are placed inside the area reserved for the main document content as needed, so you'll want to adjust the "bottom" margin to change where footnotes end on the page.
I have difficulties in showing invisibles (tabs, newlines, page breaks, etc.). I know that I should go to Appearance of Preferences under the Nisus Writer Express pulldown menu. However, it's only for a new document!!! May I ask you how to do it for an already existing document, please?
You'll want to use the regular application menus, eg: View > Show Invisibles.