Picky interface thing

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
AndyDobson

Picky interface thing

Post by AndyDobson »

I'm using NWE 1.1 right now. I've noticed that the palletes from the tool drawer don't look like aqua "windoids" when they are torn off into floating windows. They look like they have sort of a Windows XP chrome motif instead.

Did a previous version of NWE have more of an aqua look to these palletes or have they always been this way?

Now, I really should get back to what I'm working on, instead of geeking out over interface anomolies... :-)
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Palette Windoids (new interface)

Post by rmark »

Andy,

You are correct, the new palette windoids do NOT use the aqua "red/yellow/green" bar of buttons on the Title Bar, nor do they use a real Title Bar.

We made the Title Bars special and tiny because we wanted them to be small. (We had seen similar tear-off palettes in OmniGraffle.)

These also now offer a "windowshade" button which was not available in the "Aqua" set.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
charles

Post by charles »

In addition to what Mark said, I would add that we changed the floating palettes so that they are the same as the palettes you can put into your tooldrawer. Before they did not act quite the same way; floating palettes had fewer options. For example, now you can collapse the palette titlebars, they attach to eachother and snap to the edges of the screen, none of which was available in 1.0.