Menu Keys Changes Don't Stick

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
drjdg

Menu Keys Changes Don't Stick

Post by drjdg »

Am I the only one out here who's noticed that menu keys changes don't stick? Each time I launch NWE 1.1 or 1.1.1, fire up the prefs and remove command-shift-C from "Show Colors" and assign it to "Center" - it works until I quit NWE. When I relaunch it, command-shift-C reverts back to "Show Colors".

This bug is getting annoying. It was fixed in 1.0, but has reappeared in 1.1 and has gone uncorrected in 1.1.1. I've tried deleting my prefs file and re-doing all of my prefs (a royal pain in the tush, BTW), but it hasn't helped.

Any others having this problem?

Thanks,
JDG
MacSailor

Re: Menu Keys Changes Don't Stick

Post by MacSailor »

drjdg wrote:Am I the only one out here who's noticed that menu keys changes don't stick?

Any others having this problem?

Thanks,
JDG
After I read your post, I tested to change the menu key and quit NWE and then relaunch it again, and I got the same result as you got, unfortunately.

Beside this, I am quite found of NWE, if you do not mention the lack of Right to Left input, Footnotes, Endnotes, Automatic line numbering, Integrated tables, User Defined Styles etc. But hopefully we'll get some of these fundamental(?) functions within the next months... I hope.
Peter Edwardsson
drjdg

Post by drjdg »

"After I read your post, I tested to change the menu key and quit NWE and then relaunch it again, and I got the same result as you got, unfortunately."

Thanks for your input, Peter. Sorry to hear that it's not just my problem, but then again perhaps one of our valliant Nisus software engineers will read this exchange and shed some light on the problem for us.

Other than that, I agree with you: I'm not sorry that I've invested in NWE -- I just want it to keep growing (quickly).

JDG
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Keyboard Shortcuts don't stick

Post by rmark »

Friends,

We've received a few reports such as yours mentioned here. We've not been able to duplicate the problem. Nonetheless, I wanted to let you know we're looking into the matter.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.