inserting images

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
rgball

inserting images

Post by rgball »

This seems to be a weak spot unless I'm just doing something wrong. Does 1.1.2 not support insertion of eps graphics? I have a nice liitle flowchart (created in Illustrator) and I'd like to insert a scaled version of that in a NWX that'll still print well. But when I try either inserting or pasting all I get is some text and not the graphic.

Inseting a tiff works but the resolution is low and it is pretty fuzzy.

Rich
charles

Post by charles »

Rich:

At this time, Nisus Writer Express works primarily with bitmap-based formats, such as TIFF. You can insert PDF, which will display correctly, but it will be converted to a bitmap. This issue is due to limitations in the RTF file format. We are working on a solution, which should be included in the next major release. (i.e. beyond the 1.1 series)

In the meantime, you can try creating a high-resolution TIFF from Illustration. Set the DPI to 160 or higher and it should print crisply for you.

-C
rgball

Post by rgball »

Thanks Charles. I used a TIFF format as you suggested but there seems to be a very light pattern overlayed on the graphic. This isn't there in the Illustrator document (I'm using B&W) and exporting as a plain RGB document (and if I read it in to Photoshop the background is empty).

I saved as a PDF file from Illustrator but after selecting it in the Insert Image dialog nothing was displayed in the NWX document.

Rich
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Rich:

You might want to contact our support department directly at support@nisus.com. They will be able to give you better attention.

-C
mmallett

Post by mmallett »

I'm experiencing fuzzy graphics as well, including with hi-res TIFFS. I find downsizing them, in particular, causes the graphic to have jagged edges.
charles

Post by charles »

HI: The problem you are experiencing is a known issue. It will be corrected in 2.0. You seem to be finding all sorts of surprises; you must be giving NWE a good work out! :D
MacSailor

Post by MacSailor »

charles wrote:HI: The problem you are experiencing is a known issue. It will be corrected in 2.0. You seem to be finding all sorts of surprises; you must be giving NWE a good work out! :D
Will NWE 2.0 support EPS graphics as well?
Peter Edwardsson