Reveal codes?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
djiles

Reveal codes?

Post by djiles »

I am a former user of WordPerfect 10 and 11 (PC version, not Mac). Having switched to Mac I have used Pages '08, Scrivener, Notebook,Text Edit and Bean. A WordPerfect feature I miss using all of these is the "Reveal Codes." When I import a document I will often find that there are problems with paragraph spacing, mysterious tabs, margin problems, etc. With WP I was able to use the "Reveal Codes" feature and hunt down the offending codes and remove them. Does Nisus Writer Express (or Pro) have a similar feature?
mrennie

Re: Reveal codes?

Post by mrennie »

Hi, and welcome to Nisus!

Nisus Writer Express does not have a Reveal Code feature similar to WordPerfect. However, if a some formatting strikes you as strange, you can simply select the paragraph and check the statusbar to see which formatting is applied. You should have a look at the help file that opens up when you click on Help>Nisus Writer Express Help; just search it for "statusbar" to get a detailed explanation of what all the symbols in the statusbar mean.
djiles

Post by djiles »

Thanks much. I will look into that. I have been considering NW for a couple of years now and I think it's time to buy it.

Darrel
djiles

Post by djiles »

Not yet, I'm afraid. I got distracted.