A wondering question about features === present and not

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
gemboy27

A wondering question about features === present and not

Post by gemboy27 »

I hate to muck of the forum area with a person wondering....but - there are lots of questions or request for features that are currently not in 2.0. And you dutifully give a status of the future of those.

What I wonder is the reason for the time line?

I am asking out of curiousity.

What moves to the top of the list, is it:

ease of creating
what the competition has
what the price war do NOT have
what users want
what programmers want to tackle
what will integrate well with what you have
on
and on

2.0 seems a little slower, but if that was too bothersome I could go back to 1.1.2. I like everything about the program. As a student I received Word for free. I eventually save things in Word, either because professors demand that or becasuse of my graphics use, but I really woldn't want to give up Nisus WE. Right now I don't want to give up 6.5 I write scripts and need the styles-already programmed in and maybe I will move on to Two OH when I figure that out.
any hooo, just wondering
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

Good question! A lot of planning goes into deciding what features and bugs to fix and when. For bugs, of course, if an issue is a crasher or has no work around or generates a lot of support mail and questions, we will try to fix those first.

When schedule new features based both on what our customers and potential customers request most frequently and what will uniquely solve a problem for some group of users such as journals, professional writers, students, academic professionals, and so on.

Up until 2.0, we have been mostly focused on adding the basic features that one expects to find in any word processor so our scheduling has been based almost entirely on which features users tell us are the most important. We have also focused on the multi-lingual market, so we have added some features specifically for those people such as our one-click language support.

In the coming releases, we will continue to add basic word processing features, but you will also start to see more and more features directed at specific market segments.

We generally do not add features based on our competition primarily because people does buy our product based on what our competition does but on what we can do for them.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
gemboy27

Post by gemboy27 »

Good answer ;-)

Thanks.
George
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)