insufficient priviledges

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Coca-Cola

insufficient priviledges

Post by Coca-Cola »

I seem to have a problem when upgrading my application. When I move the downloaded application Nissus Writer 2 to my applications folder I get a message telling me I have insufficient priveledges. I have tried to change the ownership in the get info dialog box but can not. I have deleted my user account on this computer and just have my wife using the application on her account. She is using it under her user name on our computer. Anyway, I want to upgrade to Nisus Writer 2 and I just get the message that I have insufficient priviledges. Help?
action is empowerment
charles

Post by charles »

Hi:

This can happen sometimes when installing applications on OS X when you have multiple users. It is not a Nisus Writer Express-specific thing, but I can tell you how to fix it. The simple solution is:

Before you try to copy anything to your applications folder, first manually move the older versions of Nisus Writer Express and Thesaurus to your trash can. Then try the installation.
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.