Support for MSWord .dot files

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
AGW

Support for MSWord .dot files

Post by AGW »

I was very interested when NWExpress2 was announced that among the new features it said there would be support for Word .dot files. In my line of business (translating) I use Word because I have to, rather than my prefered NWE, both because clients seem sometimes to have problems in opening NW files even when saved as .doc files, but also and chiefly because there is a great translation support application called WordFast (see www.wordfast.net), which is built around a Word .dot file. I.e. before starting the translation, you open the wordfast.dot template and the application opens. When I saw that NWE was supposed to support .dot files, I hoped that the same would work now under NWE. This is not the case. What does it mean therefore that NWE now provides support for .dot files?

By the way, WordFast is a great and ten times cheaper alternative to Trados and can be downloaded in fully functional demo mode for free, the only limitation being the number of TM's (Translation Memory) modules that can be recorded. Seeing that Nisus is truly a multilingual writer's application (and therefore ideal for translators) how about working with WordFast to make it Nisus compatible, if the existing .dot support in NWE does not work?