Corrupt document

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
champ

Corrupt document

Post by champ »

I sent a bug report on my problem but have not received a reply. So I thought I would try here.

I created a document in Nisus Writer Express v2 with several pages of text, tables, and graphics embedded in those tables. It was probably 5-6 pages long. The other day, I opened the file, and it was only a little over 2 pages in length. All the tables and graphics were gone.

Thankfully, Microsoft Word opened the document without any problem. Needless to say, I'm now working on this important document in Word. This is a shame. I have been very impressed with NWE's interface and capabilities. However, I can no longer trust it to mission critical work. This corrupted project was due a couple days after I discovered the problem. If Word had not opened it, I never would have met the deadline.

By the way, I tried opening the document in both v2.0 and v2.0.1. Same problem in both versions.

I will be glad to send the corrupt document to the staff at Nisus. I'm not sure how my confidence in NWE can be restored, but I do hope it can be.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

corrupted document

Post by rmark »

champ,

I'm very sorry to learn that your document has become corrupted. If you could send a copy to us at <support@nisus.com> we'll take a close look to see what may have happened.

I must state, however, that I'm writing from "away". I am not in the office until after Monday at the earliest.

You mentioned that you did not get a response from Nisus. To what address did you sent your email?
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
champ

Re: corrupted document

Post by champ »

rmark wrote:You mentioned that you did not get a response from Nisus. To what address did you sent your email?
I submitted it through the "Bug Report Form" on your web site.

I'll ship the document off in a few minutes via email.

Thanks.