Fixed Values In Tables

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
SteveOkino

Fixed Values In Tables

Post by SteveOkino »

Been using v2.0.1 and enjoying it, but have one issue. Formatting for Avery labels requires using tables and fixed values for row height and column width. I can't figure out if this is possible in NWE--can it be done, or is there some kind of kludge or workaround?

Thanks and aloha.
charles

Post by charles »

Hi Steve:

There is not currently a way to specific exactly the width and height of rows/cells but we will take that into consideration for the future. In the mean time, you can try dragging the edges of the table cells to resize them. If you zoom in enough you should be able to get fairly precise measurements.

-Charles
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

If you count Steve's message as a feature request, count mine as a second. I would definitely make use of support for Avery labels.

I can create them in FileMaker, but I don't seem to be able to clean them up there. For example, I don't seem to be able to remove commas and spaces if a city or state is not part of an address.

If you coupled label support with mail merge functionality that let me take data from a spreadsheet, database or contact manager and put it in label form, I would be extremely pleased.

Meanwhile, if users are able to cook up templates for labels, perhaps Nisus could offer the tamplates for download somewhere on the website.

--Craig